Skip to main content

DIY After Carnival At Home Facial


After a long and hectic season with all that make-up, sun and dust, my face was screaming tiredness and it was also very dirty. I usually do facials at home for myself, close friends and family using mostly natural products i.e. things that can be mostly found in the kitchen and garden. I prefer not to use too much chemicals on my face because in my opinion it's harsh on my skin and speeds up aging. The less chemical products I can use on my face the better. Doing my facials at home saves me time and money and it works. To revive my face after all that 'abuse' I did a “Green Tea Steam Facial”.

For a complete facial I usually do a cleanse, scrub and a mask. 
For this particular facial you will need:  A facial cleanser (of your choice), a facial scrub (of your choice), a clean white towel, a clean bowl, a green tea bag, powdered saffron and milk (liquid). 
Products I used for my DIY facial


  1.       Wash your face thoroughly with facial cleanser, pat try with clean towel     
  2.       Pour 2 to 3 cups of boiling water into a clean bowl (stainless steel preferably), open green tea bag and pour its contents into the hot water
  3.          Carefully put face over bowl, not to close to get burned from the steam, place towel over head and let face steam for 5 – 8 minutes, steaming will open your pores and raise any dirt that may be in them
  4.         Rinse off steam with clean warm water and pat face partially dry
  5.        Use facial scrub of your choice and scrub face gently, this exfoliates and removes dead skin
  6.       Rinse off scrub with clean warm water and pat face partially dry
  7.       Mix powered saffron and milk till thick and mud-like and paste all over face and neck avoiding eyes, let it sit until it dries thoroughly. (I try not to stand or sit up while waiting for it to dry because it pulls your skin in a downward direction, the best thing is to lie down while waiting)
  8.      Rinse off mask after it has completely dried and pat face dry
  9.      Moisturize face with a facial moisturizer of your choice
Hot water with green tea bag particles in it

 Your skin will immediately look revitalized and feel soft and fresh. This can be done every two weeks, not too often to dry out your natural facial oils. It also helps reduce acne and gives your face a gorgeous glow. Your skin will thank you, trust me.

Finished results: a clean, clear, rejuvenated face :)! (no make up/no filter)



Comments

  1. Dis relly works
    .tanx sooooo much for this beauty tip and ur skinnnn is to die for channiii

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Correct Way to Exfoliate Your Skin: Step-by-Step

As we age, the process of cell regeneration slows down. This means that the body is slower to shed skin cells and generate new ones. When old skin cells start to pile up on the surface of the skin, it can leave skin looking dull, rough, and dry. Furthermore, the build-up of dead skin cells can result in excess oil and clogged pores, leading to blemishes and acne. Proper exfoliation removes the barrier of dead skin cells clogging the skin and uncovers fresh new cells below. This opens the way for moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into the skin, which makes them more effective. In short, a regular exfoliating routine will leave your skin looking fresh and healthy. Remove make-up - If you wear makeup, remove makeup first, there are a lot of make-up removers currently on the market both liquid and wipes. However for a cheaper, more natural alternative coconut oil or olive oil can be used for both face and eye make-up and baby wipes can be used for those with sensitive

LOTN - 'Enchanted' (Review)

Lipstick number two out of the three that I purchased from the Intense Collection by SACHA. In my last post I talked about the texture etc.. and I also mentioned why I absolutely love these lippies. So this post is just to show how the colour ‘Enchanted’ actually looks. Here it’s paired with L.A. Colours eye liner in ‘P615 Violet’

My addiction (make-up haul)

Since school is out and there’s no traffic, I've had extra time to browse around beauty supply stores before and after work (don’t ask lol). So far this week I’ve been able to pick up a few things that I’ve been meaning to get for a while now. I haven’t gotten a chance to use any of these babies yet but I promise as soon as I do I will post my reviews. NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in CafĂ© – I saw this and instantly fell in love.  I love that this is mild and not too pigmented, it’s perfect for giving me that gorgeous glowing finish that I’m obsessed with. NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base – I came across a review about this particular product on youtube and decided to give it a try. I haven’t gotten the Urban Decay Primer (that everyone has been raving about) as yet so I would use this in the interim. Milani Lipstick in the colour Sweet Nectar – This a bright orange lip colour that I kept putting off getting, not too sure why though because orange is one of the