Skip to main content

Three must have beauty products this summer!


Garnier BB Cream & EOS Lip Balm #frontcamera #nofilter 
It’s no surprise that I love makeup, so I’m always out looking for new products to experiment with. Two of these three products were introduced to me by my girlfriend and the third one is just something that’s been trending a couple years now.

I came across the first product while at my girlfriends’ house, as y’all may know I’ve been doing the hair extensions thing a few months now. I love my extensions light weight & ‘flowy’ so I avoided putting oil based products in it, until I discovered KERATIN, Brazillian Tech by one ‘n only. I got it at pennywise & it was only $36.95. A coin size amount in the palm of your hands, rub it together & evenly distribute it through the hair and I instantly fell in love. It’s a treatment with pequi oil for straightened, permed or colour-treated hair so of course it can be used on your natural hair too. This literally gives my extensions life. I use it once every couple of days to avoid over use which will weigh down the hair.
My extensions after KERATIN was applied



This second product was introduced to me again by my girlfriend. When she told me about it, I was sold, I had to try it. Garnier BB Cream, Skin Renew, Miracle Skin Perfector. It’s basically a sunscreen that helps even out your skin tone when applied. I can speak for myself when I honestly say I don’t really use sunscreen although I live in the tropics, which is not so great. But this BB Cream changes that, I use it below my foundation during the day especially and I use it as a light weight foundation when I’m pressed for time or I don’t really feel like wearing too much make-up. When I say as a foundation I just mean I apply it to my bare face & then wear face powder over it. It instantly brightens, corrects blemishes, moisturizes and protects from UV.  It has great coverage and blends like a dream and feels light on the skin yet my skin looks flawless! My face looks like it's glowing yet still natural. I got this HOLY GRAIL at pennywise for about $118.00 if I remember correctly it’s a bit steep but it’s worth it.

Left - Bare face after cleanse (groomed eyebrows) Right - Face after Garnier BB cream & EOS lip balm applied #absolutelynofilter 

The last product has been in my make-up bag from inception but it’s in the frontline these days. EYELINER – liquid or gel. Winged liner & bold lips is the look of the summer so having a good, water proof, long lasting liquid or gel liner is a must. A good one to own would definitely be the L’oreal Lineur Intense in black noir, I picked this baby up at pennywise too & I think it was somewhere between $50.00 to $60.00 but also worth it. It’s all day wear up to 8 hours, water-resistant, smudge-proof, fragrance free, ophthalmologist tested, suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens wearers and has the sleekest brush that gives you the perfect winged or cat eye.

Winged liner & bold lips #filtered

Summer Love

Hope this helped. Happy make-up shopping J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Correct Way to Exfoliate Your Skin: Step-by-Step

As we age, the process of cell regeneration slows down. This means that the body is slower to shed skin cells and generate new ones. When old skin cells start to pile up on the surface of the skin, it can leave skin looking dull, rough, and dry. Furthermore, the build-up of dead skin cells can result in excess oil and clogged pores, leading to blemishes and acne. Proper exfoliation removes the barrier of dead skin cells clogging the skin and uncovers fresh new cells below. This opens the way for moisturizing products to penetrate more deeply into the skin, which makes them more effective. In short, a regular exfoliating routine will leave your skin looking fresh and healthy. Remove make-up - If you wear makeup, remove makeup first, there are a lot of make-up removers currently on the market both liquid and wipes. However for a cheaper, more natural alternative coconut oil or olive oil can be used for both face and eye make-up and baby wipes can be used for those with sensitive

LOTN - 'Enchanted' (Review)

Lipstick number two out of the three that I purchased from the Intense Collection by SACHA. In my last post I talked about the texture etc.. and I also mentioned why I absolutely love these lippies. So this post is just to show how the colour ‘Enchanted’ actually looks. Here it’s paired with L.A. Colours eye liner in ‘P615 Violet’

My addiction (make-up haul)

Since school is out and there’s no traffic, I've had extra time to browse around beauty supply stores before and after work (don’t ask lol). So far this week I’ve been able to pick up a few things that I’ve been meaning to get for a while now. I haven’t gotten a chance to use any of these babies yet but I promise as soon as I do I will post my reviews. NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in CafĂ© – I saw this and instantly fell in love.  I love that this is mild and not too pigmented, it’s perfect for giving me that gorgeous glowing finish that I’m obsessed with. NYX HD High Definition Eye Shadow Base – I came across a review about this particular product on youtube and decided to give it a try. I haven’t gotten the Urban Decay Primer (that everyone has been raving about) as yet so I would use this in the interim. Milani Lipstick in the colour Sweet Nectar – This a bright orange lip colour that I kept putting off getting, not too sure why though because orange is one of the